John Cook built a website!!!
John explains the best tools and modules for building Drupal 8.
- Composer - Dependency manager. All drupal modules are available under the Drupal vendor prefix
- Composer project - A composer template for Drupal https://github.com/drupal-composer/drupal-project, this allows you to create drupal projects with the following command composer create-project
- Drush - Command line shell for Drupal "It's a swiss army knife"
- Git - Version control mainly for keepiong config in now rather than code as composer sorts out all our dependencies.
- Demo Script - Install Drupal locally without a drupal dev environment but you must have a local version of PHP installed.
- Install profile generator - Creates in install profile based on the site builders configuration so it can be re-deployed . https://www.drupal.org/project/install_profile_generator
- Paragraphs - Helps editors create structured content, helps give consistent content model across the site.
- Leggodt - A set of predfined paragrpahs and some re-usable layouts.
- Default content - Ship default content with a site.
- May need better normalizer
- Webform - Allows site users to create forms and use them in content, major re-write for D8 to change how it fundamentaly works.
- Field type modules
- Seo stuff
- Otther stuff